Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It's mornings like these...

This is one of those days when I am certain that my happy light can work magic. I woke up to the sound of the rain pounding on the skylights. It's still pitch black outside and it will be for at least another hour.

But here I sit with my mood light. It's bright! I have used it every day since it arrived.

I don't know if it's just coincidence, but since I began sitting with it, I am back to sleeping through the night with no trouble.

My boss at work was teasing me about using a mood light. I told him he should be happy that I purchased a $150 light with my own funds, instead of spending $150 a month of the company's money on drugs to treat Seasonal Affective Disorder. I also explained how the studies have shown that light therapy is equally as effective as prescriptions in treating SAD. So there!

No comments: