Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Food Diary - October 25th

It would have been a good idea to start the 5DC after going grocery shopping... instead I am stuck eating all the food I bought that I thought I would be eating before I knew I was doing it. So you will see that my food choices are a bit different, but I'm still following the same basic principals, so I think it counts.

Breakfast:
One orange
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries (Frozen strawberries are icky and mushy!)

Lunch:
Healthy Slaw made with 1 apple, 1 carrot, 1/4 head of cabbage, rice vinegar, orange juice, currants and celery seed. (I shared this with Rick. It was ok, but it made me miss "real" coleslaw.)
Mixed greens with balsamic.
3/4 of a banana (Mac and Maisy split the rest of it)

Dinner:
Steamed greens (kale and collards) with onion, tomato and garlic, and a little low-sodium veggie broth because it kept sticking. This was much yummier than I anticipated! I ate a portion, then had seconds, then after everyone else had their fill I stood over the skillet with chopsticks and ate the rest. Did I say yum?
Asparagus with orange sauce (minus the olive oil) from my new "The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen" cookbook
Mixed greens with balsamic and sesame seeds
A few hazlenuts and cashews
And for dessert - a date roll. YUM!

Water: Five glasses so far
Exercise: One very slow walk with three wild dogs. They hadn't been out all day and they needed the exercise.

No comments: