Friday, December 08, 2006

Burnin' Down the House

My dog tried to burn my house down!

Rick and I let the hoodlums roam free for an hour the other night while we went out and grabbed a bite. When we returned, I headed into the bedroom to re-arrange the dog beds so there would be room for all of us to sleep and walk around. Next thing I knew, the chewed up end of an electrical cord was hopping and sparking and snaking about next to me!

Apparently Mac thought it would be fun to eat through the cord for our floor lamp. Fortunately, it was plugged into a switched outlet and the switch was off, so there was no power to the lamp when he ate it. When I got home and flipped the switch, things got exciting.

I'm just glad we found it before we had an electrical fire, and that nobody got electrocuted!

No comments: